I’m probably rather indifferent about having meat in every meal, you can do wonders with veggies provided you have given thought to flavour but since discovering this hidden gem in Ballymena, I just can’t bring myself to pay full price for chicken or turkey in the supermarkets any more.
The Moy Park Factory Shop in Ballymena sells various branded and white label chicken and turkey products at heavily discounted rate. The factory supplies Waitrose, M&S and also make the Jamie Oliver range for Sainsburys so the range and quality is really up there. There are often short dates on items, but portioning and freezing or cooking it right away will solve that issue.
The range on offer is never the same, so if you go up with an open mind and room in your freezer you’ll definitely come away with a few bargains. Today, I picked up;
- Extra Large Whole Chicken x 2 (£5)
- Packs of 2 Chicken Kievs x 3 (£1)
- Pack of 2 Honey Mustard Chicken Breasts (£1)
- Packs of 2 Tomato and Basil Chicken Breasts, for Waitrose, x 3 (£1)
- Packs of diced Harissa Chicken x 2 (£1)
- Large pack of Breaded Chicken Pieces, for Co-Op (£2.50)
Total for this whole haul was £12.50!
– The Tomato and Basil chicken breasts are definitely going to be used in a fair few pasta bakes with my slow cooker marinara sauce bashed on top.
-Harissa Chicken will be fried off with fresh tomatoes, garlic, coriander and chickpeas and mixed with cous cous to do lunches for a few days.
-The Breaded Chicken Pieces are Hubbys favourite while watching the football so those won’t last the weekend it seems 🙂